|Stage of funding:||Current|
Clearside Biomedical, Inc., headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing first-in-class drug therapies to treat chronic, blinding diseases of the eye. Clearside’s product candidates focus on diseases affecting the retina and the choroid, especially diseases associated with macular edema, and are injected non-surgically into the suprachoroidal space with Clearside’s proprietary microinjector.
Clearside Biomedical’s goal is to be a leading pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics to treat chronic, blinding diseases of the eye, with a particular emphasis on diseases affecting the choroid and retina.
The key elements of company's strategy are:
- Advancing CLS-1001 and CLS-1003 to FDA approval under the Section 505(b)(2) regulatory pathway.
- Maximizing the commercial potential of our product candidates.
- Developing therapies for other back-of-the-eye diseases that can be treated more effectively with SCS (suprachoroidal space) injection. The initial areas of focus include:
- Advancing our CLS-1002 wet AMD development program.
- Developing a product candidate to treat DME (diabetic macular edema).
- Developing additional therapies through collaborations with third parties.
- Maintaining and strengthening our intellectual property portfolio.